Thursday, January 6, 2011

Close up time - 6/365

I sat at the supper table tonight and said, "I have not taken a single picture yet today."  My kids were quick to volunteer to let me take their pictures.  And technically, I took one of them up on the offer.  


It's tough to get out to take pictures during the winter due to the short days.  It's dark when I head out to work and it's dark when I get home.  But, I've always got the option to shoot some macro shots.  Even the most common household objects are interesting when viewed close up.  And one of the coolest macro subjects has to be the human eye.  It's been called the window to the soul, and for good reason.  This picture happens to be Noelle's eye, shot in the kitchen while they were trying to bake a birthday cake.




And here is a shot of the strings on Noelle's violin.



No comments:

Post a Comment