Sunday, January 2, 2011

A cold walk on day 2

The sun was shining and it looked like a beautiful day out, but that wind was bitter cold.  Rachael and I did take a walk to downtown Jewell and found a couple gems in the alley east of Main Street.  Behind the bowling alley was what appeared to be a bowling ball graveyard.  You would never see it unless you walked through the alley and looked over that direction.  But, the balls sticking out of the snow caught my eye and was worth stopping for a look through the gate.




I also admired this Studebaker by the body shop, in very nice shape, if I do say so myself.




Finally, for a more enjoyable photo shoot, I set this bottle of wine by a south window in my house for some natural, late afternoon light.  The wine is compliments of Ted and Marilu.  It looks too good to drink.  :-)




In case you hadn't guessed, I like black and white.  These shots were all done on digital, but shot as B&W in the camera.  I like the timeless simplicity of B&W.  As a matter of fact, I also shot the bowling balls in B&W, but went with a separate color shot on this one, because it really made the colored balls stand out.


Please share your critiques and/or comments as I love to get feedback on my pictures.  It's that feedback from viewers that makes it feel like there is a purpose to taking pictures.  So, please share your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how the trees are set in the Studebaker. I think that the way that one is closer to the car than the other makes the picture an interesting one with great perspective.


    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I hope you invite me over when you finally open that Moscato! :) I know how you are about "opening things" -- if you need me to come open it for you, I'd be more than happy to! That's what sisters are for :)

    ReplyDelete