Monday, January 17, 2011

No power, 17/365

I was off work today for MLK Jr. Day, but everyone had school.  So, as usual, I planned on having school lunch with the kids.  Somehow, I ended up going to Ames and back three times today.  I had an appointment for an oil change in the car at 9:00, then last night, we got a message that Rachael had an orthodontist appointment at 7:45 this morning.  Combine that with snowy roads, I ran Rachael down to her appointment, then back to get her to school.  Back to Ames again, I was only 10 minutes late at Honda.  Everything was still going as planned, I'd have plenty of time to get back to Jewell for lunch at school.


Kim paged me that there was no electricity in Jewell.  They let out of school at 11:15.  Since we had no power or heat, we couldn't even cook.  I did have lunch with everyone, but at Fazoli's instead of school.  We decided it would be a good day to go sit in a movie, so we took the kids to see Megamind at the dollar theater.


It was a busy day off, but I got to spend most of the day with the family.  I didn't have to take a vacation day and they still got to count it as a school day.  So, it was a win/win deal, except that I didn't get out to take any pictures.  After the movie, and a quick run with Kim and Rachael, I sent the kids out to make snowmen.  At last, a photo op.  Here are Rachael, Matt, and Noelle with Matt's snowman.  Is it "art"?  Well, no... But, these are the kind of images that I know I will treasure most 20 or 30 years from now.



No comments:

Post a Comment