Monday, February 21, 2011

Horses, 52/365

I volunteered to help out with 4-H photo camp this year.  A couple years ago, I went and presented one thing there, but have been wanting to be more involved.  If you know any kids in 4-H who are interested in photography, it'll be three days of living and breathing photography.  Here is the website for more information. http://www.fourhphotocamp.com

One of the things that I am going to present at camp is High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography.  I'm not going to go into the details, but basically you combine multiple images with different exposures together to achieve one image with a greater range of tones than the camera sensor is capable of capturing in one shot.  In the past, I've used a third party program to create these.  But, I wanted to try it out with the built-in capabilities of Photoshop CS5.  So, I stopped along the highway on the way home and grabbed a few images of these horses.  Not the greatest HDR, but it was a good test anyway.  Don't forget to click on the picture to view larger.



Here is another version of the same image, processed differently, in Photomatix.  Which do you like best?  I think each has their strengths and weaknesses, it's just a different look.



1 comment:

  1. I am immediately drawn to the top image as it seems to have such great depth to the clouds, yet the bottom photo has better color in the horses. They're both good.

    ReplyDelete