Monday, February 28, 2011

Snapshots of the kids, 59/365

I've just got a couple casual shots of the kids today.  First, a shot of Claire and Matt dancing at the royal ball, in our living room.  Claire dances with me at the ball quite often, actually.  It's fun, I wish they could stay this age forever.  Anyway, I would usually use a large aperture to blur the background out of focus.  But, since my fast lens is still in the shop, I needed to get a little more creative.  I shot this with a shutter speed of 1/10 of a second, which is way too long to even hand-hold the camera, much less have a moving subject.  But, I also used the flash, which essentially stopped the action of Matt and Claire, but didn't light up the couch or Rachael very much.  So, the background has motion blur from the long shutter speed, but the subject is frozen pretty well.  Next is just a shot of Matt that I grabbed at the park after school this afternoon.  Rachael brought to my attention that I don't use pictures of Matt very often, and she was right.



No comments:

Post a Comment