Monday, March 21, 2011

Birds, 80/365

If you've ever walked around downtown Des Moines, especially through alleys, you may have seen some of these birds painted on the walls.  I am still trying to figure out their meaning.  There is not always other graffiti nearby, so I don't think it's something gang related.  They are not always the same color or direction, but appear to all be painted with the same stencil.  Researching on the web, I did find one other reference to the bird graffiti, but it was pretty much like what I posted.  Someone asked what was up with the birds, but no one posted an answer.  So, the mystery remains.  My best guess is that it was some artist's unauthorized project to spread the image around town anonymously.  Regardless, there is a certain creative element to them.  Here are a few of the many bird paintings out there.









1 comment: