Sunday, April 10, 2011

First blooming flowers, 100/365

The grass is turning green, there are buds on the trees, and we've got our first flowers blooming in the landscaping.  These are sure signs that spring is here.  Well, that, and it was 80 degrees today.



And, if I can throw one more picture in today, the girls and I got home from the 4-H meeting and found Claire sitting on top of a pile of books to get her up to a better eating height at the table.




We had a busy day yesterday, so I didn't have time to write much.  But, at County Communications, one of the other kids there did a presentation on camera controls.  She went over all the parts and using a manual camera (with a Canon AE-1).  She is a student at Webster City, and apparently, they still teach traditional black and white photography in the darkroom.  I was pleasantly surprised to hear this, I didn't think anyone around here was still souping film.  As it turns out, she is planning to attend 4-H Photo Camp this summer.  I'll be helping with the 3-day camp this year.  So, this is the first 4-H member that I know will be attending the camp.  But, hopefully there will be others that I'll recognize from our various photo workshops and photo shoots throughout the year.  Which reminds me, I need to get another shoot scheduled.  We've done a couple things in Webster City recently, I think I need to set something up on the south side of the county this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment