Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wine, flowering bush, 103/365

There are days when I don't have time to shoot or are so busy that I don't feel like doing a picture.  Don't worry, today is not one of those days.  But, I had a couple possibilities to use and had to decide which one should be my photo of the day.  One of them could be reshot on any day, and the other would at least be around for a little while longer.  


So what did I decide?  Well, a few years ago, I had the opportunity to go to Puerto Rico on business.  Yeah, pretty rough, huh?  Anyway, one of my favorite spots in Old San Juan was El Morro, a massive fort right on the shore.  There was a particular building with a door, which really jumped out at me as a photographer.  The sunlight was hitting it just right, it was a wonderful scene.  It wasn't until after the trip when I was back home that I realized that the picture was not very sharp, probably due to the wind that day.  As chance would have it, I got to go back to Puerto Rico a second time.  And I knew exactly where I wanted to go to take a picture.  But, when I got there, the light just wasn't the same, I didn't care for it anymore.  I tried going back again the next morning, same thing.  The opportunity was lost and I never got that shot which was so perfect the first time.  


The point is, don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.  Because, you may not get that "tomorrow" that you are planning for.  Do it and do it right today.  So, without further ado, here are both pictures (I'll have to take on tomorrow's picture, tomorrow.)  First, a simple glass of wine, but in a beautiful glass.  And finally, a flower opening up on the bush just outside the fence in our back yard.  I don't even know what kind of bush it is, but it blossoms first thing in the spring, when everything else is just starting to turn green.  A couple weeks from now, it'll be all green for the rest of the season, but it sure shines today.





1 comment: