Friday, May 27, 2011

Song bird, camping indoors, 147/365

I believe I commented on my blog a while back that the sparrows and blackbirds are eating all our birdseed, and an occasional song bird would be nice.  Well, it looks like I got my wish.  This bird showed up one day, and has been a regular around here ever since.  I've never had one of these before, I looked him up and found that he's a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.  I found some video and audio on the web and listened to their song.  They've been described as sounding like a Robin who took singing lessons.  It is a nice song.  This morning, I heard that song while I was getting ready for work.  I looked out the kitchen window, and there he was sitting on the power line sharing his beautiful song.




With the rain on and off, we decided to let the kids camp inside tonight.  So, the little tent is set up in the living room.  I hope we have the opportunity for some outdoor activities throughout the weekend though.





No comments:

Post a Comment