Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hmmmmm, do I want a cookie? 163/365

It started raining on our way home from church, so we didn't get our camp taken down from the backyard.  The tent will have to wait until everything dries off.  We didn't get any heavy showers, just a light rain non-stop all afternoon.  But, it is worth the trouble, even if just for a night.  I love to wake up to the sound of the birds singing, perhaps just a few yards from where I was sleeping.  I got up and had enough hot coals left in the fire pit to get a fire going to warm up by and cook with the pie irons.


Matt and Claire are demonstrating the proper procedure for eating a fudge stripe cookie.  You have to put the cookie on your finger and eat around the outside.  I'm sure the hole in the cookie is a better fit for small children's hands.  We got these cookies to try making smores with them.  While it was good, I think I'll stick to the old fashioned graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment