Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday, 189/365

We had a busy Saturday, after sleeping in.  I needed that, after being up late several nights this week.  I finished up the big bench downstairs in the toy room and did a couple loads of laundry.  Rachael put her telescope together and we are going to try it out with a star test as soon as it gets dark tonight.  I think we'll be ok on our mirrors, but I am concerned with our low-profile PVC focuser.  I don't think it is going to have enough throw to get both low and high magnification eyepieces in focus.  We may have to go back to the drawing board on this one.  But, mark my word.  We will be viewing the moon and stars tonight, even if it's only with one eyepiece for now.  Anyway, we've been so busy working on 4-H projects today that we just ordered pizza for supper.  Then we had a bike ride on the bike trail.  I have been craving the nice bokeh and shallow depth of field of the old Konica Hexanon 50 1.7 lens again, so I shot a few flowers with it this afternoon (when the clouds moved in a little bit.)  I can't get enough of that lens for some reason.  I couldn't pick just one of these.  They both have such vivid contrasting colors that I had to share them both.






No comments:

Post a Comment