Thursday, July 7, 2011

Telescope early phase, 187/365

Rachael and I got a few hours in working on her telescope project tonight.  It's starting to look like a telescope.  But, don't let the appearance deceive you, it's actually still an empty tube at this point, no mirror cell, primary or secondary mirrors, spider veins, secondary holder, or focuser yet.  We do have a pretty nice looking mirror cell built and have the spider veins on the secondary holder already.  Rachael has also put a coat of paint on everything since I took this picture.  With any luck, we'll get the mirrors both attached to their respective holders with silicone yet tonight so they can dry.  So, it's possible we could be collimating and doing a star test this weekend.  I'm not going to permanently mount the mirrors in the tube until we've proven that we did the math all right and can achieve focus.  But, so far, so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment