Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to school, 236/365

No, I am not talking about my kids, although they are my favorite subject.  It's back to school for me starting tonight.  I am taking a communications class in Des Moines, through the University of Iowa.  I guess I'll have to start cheering for the Hawks now.  Just kidding.  But, seriously, it's been almost 20 years since I got out of college at Briar Cliff.  To say that I'm a little nervous about this venture would be an understatement.  I worked out sufficient study skills back when I got my B.A.  Live is much more complicated now.  I've got a wonderful family, whom I would prefer to spend my free time with, and of course a career and other obligations.  But, it's something that I've been putting off for far too long.  It's time to further my education and do something about this darned complacency.  Never stop learning.

In trying to get my things together this morning, I somehow forgot to bring a camera with me today.  I know, it's more likely that I would forget to put on shoes before going to work, but it happened.  So, I had to make due with a camera phone today.  I thought this was interesting graffiti of an apple.  The apple has been fully eaten, and it does not appear to be very happy about it...


1 comment:

  1. So is that how you feel about going back to school? :)

    ReplyDelete