Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birthday, 215/365

We celebrated my birthday today by going to Hickory Park for BBQ and ice cream for lunch. On the way home, we stopped at the antique mall in Story City.  While not an antique, per say, I did pick up a camera body.  I got a Canon EOS 650 body for $8.50.  This was actually Canon's first auto focus camera model they came out with, back in 1987.  It uses their EF mount, which is still in use with current DSLR cameras.  So, I can use most of my current lenses on it.  The real advantage though, is that it's 35mm, unlike the smaller sensor size on my digital cameras.  So, a 50mm lens is really 50mm on this camera.  And, more excitingly, a 17mm lens is really 17mm, which is outrageously wide, much wider than anything I've ever even used before.  So, it'll be an interesting perspective to play with, not to mention, a piece of Canon history.  Anyway, I took the kids out to the lake for a little fishing before supper.  Rachael and Noelle caught a few bluegill out there.  (Please forgive the quality.  I forgot my camera and had to take these on my lousy phone.)





1 comment:

  1. ...and the fish was THIS big...oh wait, you have photographic proof.

    ReplyDelete