Monday, August 22, 2011

Graffiti, 233/365

You don't have to wander far from downtown Des Moines to find some interesting graffiti.  I've shared some of the bird stencils before, which are spread all over downtown.  But, these are a couple new ones that I found, just a block from the Science Center of Iowa.  The meaning of these paintings are a mystery to me.  Perhaps they are gang related, I probably don't want to know.  Regardless, I find that a lot of graffiti has a great deal of artistic value. I would be very interested to know what kind of people paint these things.  There is no question that some of them have real, creative talent.  Perhaps if they were putting their skills to use in a more productive manner, their lives would be very different than they are today.





No comments:

Post a Comment