Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home sweet home, 213/365

We made it home tonight, 4,500 miles of driving since a week and a half ago.  It was a good vacation, but wow, is it good to be home.  I'll sleep good in my own bed tonight.  We took the kids to Panther Park and had lunch with grandma and grandpa Smith before heading west this afternoon.


I've had some people say they were excited to see what pictures I came up with on vacation.  Unfortunately, I really don't like taking pictures at tourist attractions.  I discovered this at Mt. Rushmore a couple years ago, and it held true with all the wonderful sites we hit this summer.  I figure that if there are thousands of people seeing the same thing as me, why bother taking a picture.  So, I'll take a couple obligatory snapshots of them, but don't really do "photography" of those types of places.  I kind of took a vacation from doing artistic photography, as well as work.






No comments:

Post a Comment