Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sunflower, 225/365

I actually shot this sunflower yesterday, but didn't like the lighting, so it never got used.  This morning, as soon as the sun started hitting it, I went out to reshoot more to my liking.  I'll do something like this from time to time.  I'm just glad that I had the opportunity to go back and photograph it in a way that I liked.  I've had some missed opportunities in the past, because something just wasn't quite right in my mind.  The point is, when it comes to my photographs, I am very, very picky.  The lighting has to be good.  I used relatively narrow depth of field to blur the distractions in the background, yet keep the whole flower in acceptable focus.  I used a low, dramatic angle, which had the added benefit of putting the deep blue sky in the background to contrast the bright yellow flower.  It's all very intentional.  Now, do the stars always align for me like this?  Heck no.  But, that is the difference between a picture that I like and the ones that are more, meh.



No comments:

Post a Comment